Directions to the Clarens Recycling Centre
REUSE, REDUCE, RECYCLE
“The earth is what we all have in common” – Wendell Berry
Visit the Clarens Recycling Centre and you will be welcomed by Evon Els and Palo Ncala. They are the 2 full-time Employees who both started working there in August 2013.
The center is open from Monday to Friday 07h00 – 16h00
We collect from businesses in town on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
If people want to drop recycling off over a weekend at the center it can be done, as there are 2 trailers parked outside. One trailer is parked in town behind the municipal offices. We, however, urge people not to drop garden refuse, food and/or rubbish in the trailers.
- GLASS – All types of bottles – any color
- CARDBOARD – All shapes and sizes
- PLASTIC – Glad wrap, bubble wrap, bread bags, grocery bags
- PET 1 – Plastic water bottles, soft drink bottles, food containers
- PET 1 – Green bottles, Sprite
- PET 2 – Milk bottles, Jik …. (Any white container)
- TETRA PAK – Melk cartons, Juice cartons, UltraMel cartons
- CANS – Soft drinks
- FOOD CANS
- WHITE PAPER, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINES, BOOKS